By Danielle Hitch
27th November, 2016
The ChrisFlipp You Tube Channel has over 50 short videos that provide an introduction to a range of research and drug & alcohol topics. Most cover their content in less than 10 minutes, and provide a bite size overview with some added tongue in cheek humour.
- The length of the videos make them easy to watch amongst your other duties
- All are engaging and accessible to watch
- The combination of research skills and drug & alcohol themes are particularly relevant to mental health
- Both qualitative and quantitative research topics are addressed
What’s not so good
- Chris is obviously from America, so some of the information presented isn’t directly translatable to the Australian context
- There are some minor errors in some videos (although these are corrected with notes in the videos themselves)
- The pace of some videos is quite fast, and would require repeated viewing
- Reliability and Validity
- Case Study
- Anatomy of a Research Article
- Philosophical Assumptions and World Views
So, what’s the verdict ….
If you like your information bite sized, and in a way that doesn’t take itself too seriously, the ChrisFlipp channel is for you. It’s a great as an introductory resource, and as a ‘refresher’ when you’re reading research. Fun, concise and accessible.
8 out of 10 !!!